Ellie's One Year Photos

Here's a look at Ellie's one year photo shoot! Huge thanks to Emily Kay Studio for letting me run wild with my ideas. You're the best! xoxo

I wanted something original for Ellie's photos that would still keep her as the focus but be a little different than the norm. I combined several ideas that I found (Thanks for the swing idea, Stacie! ;) ) and came up with what would become Ellie's Teepee. I used this Teepee Tutorial (kind of). Brent got to help with drilling the holes in the poles, and I had my Mamaw help with sewing and piecing it. I've had my sewing machine since elementary school and love to pull it out but wrestling bedsheets, a sewing machine, and a baby didn't seem like something I wanted to tackle alone. Plus, Mamaw is a master seamstress and I'm just a novice-wannabee. I added burlap wire ribbon to the opening and hot glued on some peonies. I did manage to sew up a little gold pillow myself which went pretty well until Ellie realized that my pin cushion was a tomato....If you know Ellie, the horror that I felt upon the realization makes sense. The vintage feedsack pillows were something I made a couple years ago for a craft show but didn't sell. You either "get" this look or you don't. The people at that particular craft show did not. (Gaudy-tulle-wreaths and 80's Christmas decor sold. like. hotcakes. Right, Candie? ;) ) 
Finding the perfect outfit for pictures can be daunting. I knew I wanted a feather crown from A Tiny Arrow so I asked Janis to make my favorite one into a mini because I liked the daintiness of it. I happened upon Sugarplum Lane Boutique's latest adorable creation, aka sequined baby hot pants. THEN I found this floral bull skull tank on their site that completed the look perfectly.  Of course Freshly Picked moccs were a no brainer. The second outfit was a Children's Place Outlet score and a custom floral headband from WillowCrowns
Below is the inspiration board that I created along with some of my favorite shots  from the day.


 













All photos property of e.b. details as purchased from Emily Kay Studio

Please do not pin or share photos of Ellie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment